A thesis essay is a type of writing assignment that typically requires a student to develop an argument and support it using evidence from a range of primary and secondary sources The primary purpose of the essay is to demonstrate the student’s ability to examine a topic and synthesize their research into an argumentative essay. It is one of the most difficult types of essays to write, as it requires a deep understanding of the topic being discussed and an ability to present a new perspective on the material.
Coming up with an interesting thesis essay topic can be difficult, especially for college students who are tasked with completing a large number of assignments. Here are five interesting essay topics that are sure to get students thinking and engaged in their writing:
1) The role of technology in higher education: Technology has revolutionized the way students learn, but what is the impact on college education? Is technology helping to level the playing field, or contributing to widening the gap between the have and have-nots in terms of educational attainment?
2) The impact of student debt on the economy: Student loan debt is one of the most pressing financial problems facing young people today. What factors are contributing to growing levels of debt, and what can be done to address the issue?
3) The changing face of college admissions: College admissions have been shifting from focusing on grades and test scores to a more holistic picture of an applicant. What are the pros and cons of this shift, and what does it mean for future college applicants?
4) The rise of the gig economy: The gig economy has been growing in prominence as more people turn to jobs that offer flexible hours and the ability to work from anywhere. What are the implications for college students looking for jobs?
5) Social media and its impact on college life: Social media has infiltrated nearly every corner of life, including college campuses. What are the effects of this on the student body, and what challenges does it present to faculty and administrators?
These five topics are sure to spark a lively discussion among students and create an interesting and engaging essay. They will also provide an opportunity for students to develop their research and critical thinking skills while gaining a deeper understanding of their chosen topic.