Demography is the study of human population size, trends and changes, including the study of population growth, birth and death rates, migration, fertility, and social and economic structure It is closely linked to economic, environmental and public health issues in many countries. Demographers attempt to understand the dynamics of population change by examining a variety of factors, including fertility, mortality, migration, labor force participation, changes in living arrangements, and other demographic features of different population groups around the world.
Given the broad scope of demography, there are many essay topics to choose from. Here are five examples to get you started:
1. How do fertility rates impact population growth and sustainability?
2. What are the key migration trends in the current globalized society?
3. What are the implications of an ageing population for healthcare and social services?
4. What role does gender inequality play in population change?
5. How has the technological revolution impacted people's living arrangements and family patterns?