Electronic sports, otherwise known as Esports, refers to competitive gaming at a professional level It is an organized form of competitive gaming, where professional players and teams will compete against one another in order to win a prize. The prizes can include money, professional contracts, and tournament wins. Esports often takes place in a large arena or stadium, with teams and spectators alike coming to watch the matches.
The esports industry has grown exponentially in recent years, with many major organizations and events being created to support the scene. There are now professional leagues, tournaments, and teams all over the world, creating a fully-fledged professional esports environment. With the growth of the industry, there are now a wealth of different esports games and tournaments available to watch or participate in. Here are five of the most popular esports games that are currently being played:
1. Dota 2: This is one of the biggest esports games in the world, with the International prize pool reaching over $30 million in 2019. Teams of five players compete against one another in a series of battles in order to win the grand prize.
2. League of Legends: Another massively popular esports game, League of Legends has been around for more than a decade. Players take control of a champion, and then must fight against other players in a five-versus-five battle in order to win the game.
3. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO): This game pits two teams against one another in a series of tactical battles. Players must work together as a team and utilize different strategies in order to win the match.
4. Overwatch: This team-based shooter has become incredibly popular in the esports world and is now one of the leading titles in the industry. Players must work together to achieve objectives and complete missions in order to win the match.
5. Fortnite: This battle royale game has gained immense popularity in the esports world. Players from all over the world are now competing in tournaments with huge cash prizes at stake.
These are just some of the many esports games that are currently being played at a professional level. With the growing popularity of esports, there are more and more events being created as the industry continues to grow. All of these games provide an exhilarating and exciting experience for both players and spectators, creating an electric atmosphere in the stadium.