An essay introduction is the opening of an essay that introduces the topic to the reader It can be written to inform, to explain, to persuade, or simply to entertain. In essence, it sets the stage for what is to come and provides a foundation for further readings. Essay introductions should be concise yet comprehensive to draw the reader in and give them a basic idea of what the essay is about.
Interesting essay topics come in all shapes and sizes, and can cover a variety of topics from the arts to the sciences. Here are five great examples of interesting essay topics:
1. The rise of social media and how it has affected relationships: With the rise of various types of social media, relationships have become increasingly complex. Research and discuss the various factors at play and how this impacts our ability to connect with one another.
2. The role of technology in modern education: Technology is increasingly being integrated into the classroom, yet debate still continues as to whether its benefits outweigh its drawbacks. What is the role of technology in modern education and how do the pros and cons of its use compare?
3. The effects of climate change: Climate change is becoming an increasingly pressing issue, and looking at the various effects it has already had, as well as its predicted future effects, can make for some interesting reading.
4. The impact of fashion trends on society: Despite its frivolous nature, fashion has a great impact on different aspects of the world, from pop culture to the economy. What are the effects of fashion and how does it shape our culture and values?
5. The effects of video games on behavior: Video games have been a source of entertainment and controversy for decades. Explore the psychological effects of game play, and discuss what implications this might have for behavior and identity.