An Analysis of One of Dicken's Most Prominent Figures in Great Expectations in the Character of Estella An Analysis of One of Dicken's Most Prominent Figures in Great Expectations in the Character of Estella An Analysis of One of Dickens's Most Prominent
Great Expectations Analysis is the examination of the novel Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, in which the main character Phillip Pirrip (nicknamed Pip), seeks to become a gentleman Pip is a young orphan living with his sister, who works as a blacksmith, and Joe, his brother-in-law. Throughout the novel, Pip encounters a variety of situations that challenge his beliefs and cause him to reevaluate his values. Throughout the story, Pip learns many valuable lessons about love, loyalty, and ambition.
Great Expectations Analysis essay topics can focus on Pip’s journey to becoming a gentleman, the themes of ambition and morality, and the relationships among the characters. The five best essay topics are as follows:
1. Analyze how the themes of ambition and morality are intertwined in Great Expectations: This essay topic can explore the different ways in which Pip is driven by his ambition for success, but also learns about the importance of morality and loyalty. How does his ambition lead him astray, or does it ultimately benefit him?
2. Analyze Pip’s relationships with the characters in Great Expectations: Throughout the novel, Pip’s relationships with the various characters such as Estella, Joe, and his sister are explored. How do these characters shape Pip’s worldview and what is significant about each of his relationships?
3. Analyze the complexity of Pip's character: This essay topic can explore Pip’s growth throughout the novel and the different aspects of his character. What challenges does he face, and how do these challenges help him to become a better person?
4. Analyze the role of money in the development of Pip's character: This essay topic can explore how money is a central theme in the novel and how it affects the lives of the various characters, including Pip. How does money shape Pip’s journey to becoming a gentleman?
5. Analyze Pip's transformation from a humble blacksmith to a gentleman: This essay topic can explore the various obstacles Pip faces on his journey to becoming a gentleman. How do these struggles help him to become a better and more noble person?