Heroes are people who go beyond the call of duty to make a positive impact in the world Their courage, resourcefulness and dedication inspire the rest of society to do the right thing and to strive for a better future. Heroes are not only found in our history books, but also in our daily lives. The roles they play are varied and can range from a politician working to ensure fair elections to a volunteer firefighter saving a family's home. Heroes have become a necessary part of society because they serve to bring out the best in everyone.
Examples of modern day heroes include:
1. Malala Yousafzai - at the age of 17, she was the youngest-ever Nobel Peace Prize winner for her brave campaign for promoting the education of girls in her native Pakistan.
2. Dr. Anthony Fauci - the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, he has been on the forefront of the battle against COVID-19 in the US.
3. Colin Kaepernick - he is best known for his advocacy for social justice and civil rights through his kneeling protests during the national anthem.
4. Emma Gonzalez - she is a spokesperson for the March for Our Lives movement and a vocal advocate for gun violence prevention.
5. Greta Thunberg - the 16-year-old Swedish activist has become a prominent figure in the fight against climate change, inspiring youth worldwide to take action.