Native American Analysis is the in-depth study of the cultures, languages, customs, and histories of native peoples of North America and the South Pacific It combines the fields of anthropology, sociology, linguistics, politics, and history to examine the Native American experience.
Essay Topic Ideas:
1. An analysis of American Indian reservations in the United States, looking at the effects of poverty, lack of resources, and cultural erosion.
2. A study of the Trail of Tears, exploring how the forced migrations of the Cherokee, Creek, and other indigenous people impacted the tribes and the new settlers on their homelands.
3. An exploration of the decolonization movement in Canada, examining its successes and failures, and how it has changed the lives of Indigenous Canadians.
4. An examination of Native American spiritual beliefs and practices, including their rituals, cosmology, and shamanism.
5. An investigation of the effects of assimilation on Native American communities, looking at instances of resistance, traditional values, and cultural revitalization.