Philosophy of religions is a form of study which focuses on the various ideas and theories that religions have about the world and how to live in it It is an interdisciplinary field, drawing upon a range of knowledge and information in order to examine the ways in which religious beliefs, practices and dogmas are developed and sustained. It looks at how religious doctrines and beliefs shape and influence the lives of individuals and communities. It further interrogates the influences of philosophical thought and reason: what can be known and how it can be known. In addition, it explores the relationship of religious beliefs to social and political systems, as well as the interplay between religions and cultures.
Essay topic ideas within this topic include:
1. Discuss the relationship between religion and philosophy
2. Compare and contrast the major philosophical theories of religion
3. Analyze the various ways in which different religions interpret the concept of truth
4. Examine the role that gender plays in religious belief systems
5. Analyze the different ways in which religious beliefs shape and affect social and political systems.