A problem solving thesis is a thesis statement or essay topic that explores an issue or problem that is of great concern to a particular group of people This type of essay topic is designed to investigate a problem or concern, discuss possible solutions, and then analyze the effectiveness of those solutions. It is typically used in academic writing and may serve as evidence of the student's research and critical thinking skills.
In order to craft a successful problem solving thesis, students must be prepared to challenge assumptions, evaluate possible solutions, and debate the advantages and disadvantages of each option. They must also be able to explain their findings in logical and clear language. Luckily, there are plenty of interesting essay topics that can be used when writing such an essay. Here are five excellent examples:
1. How has the implementation of online education influenced college students’ learning experiences? This essay topic can look into the impact of virtual learning tools on academic outcomes, student engagement and student perception of the educational process. Additionally, a student could explore ways in which educators can use these tools to improve student success.
2. How have recent changes in immigration policy affected the ability of immigrants to find employment in the United States? This essay topic can explore the effects of both historical and present-day immigration laws on job opportunities for immigrants, as well as the impacts on local economies.
3. Is the current system of standardized testing a reliable measure of student achievement? This essay topic can investigate the accuracy and fairness of standardized tests, as well as alternative methods of assessment.
4. How has the coronavirus pandemic changed the way we work? This essay topic can look at the technological, social, and economic impact of the pandemic and how it has forced us to rethink the way we do business.
5. What are the most effective ways to reduce youth suicides? This essay topic can examine the mental health issues facing young people, as well as the various ways in which these issues can be addressed. Additionally, it can look into the impact of bullying, family dynamics and mental health initiatives.