Public relations is the practice of managing relationships between organizations and the public It is a key element of any company’s marketing and communications strategy, and is often used to shape public opinion and build positive relationships between a company and its stakeholders. The goal of public relations is to create an understanding between the organization and its target audience, particularly customers, potential customers, and the media. Public relations professionals use a variety of techniques to reach their target audience, including press releases, media relations, trade shows, events, and social media campaigns.
Organisations in Australia have effectively used public relations in various ways and from various sectors, including finance, technology, healthcare, and education. The following are five examples of successful public relations strategies by Australian organisations:
1. Qantas: In 2015, Qantas launched an innovative digital strategy, which included their use of social media platforms and content production. This strategy helped Qantas to increase brand awareness and engage more customers. Through this strategy, the airline also created stronger relationships with the media and communicated their brand more effectively and efficiently.
2. Telstra: When Telstra introduced its new brand in 2014, the company launched an extensive public relations campaign. The campaign included a series of advertisements, which highlighted the company’s new focus on customer service. This campaign helped to shift the public’s perception of Telstra, and it also helped to improve the company’s image.
3. National Australia Bank (NAB): NAB developed an extensive public relations campaign to introduce their new brand and increase customer trust and loyalty. This campaign included television and radio advertising, media relations, and a series of print and online advertisements. The campaign was a success and NAB was able to increase customer engagement and achieve its financial objectives.
4. BHP Billiton: In 2018, BHP Billiton launched an ambitious public relations campaign to promote its commitment to sustainability. This campaign included television and radio advertisements, print and online advertisements, and a series of events to bring attention to the company’s sustainability initiatives. The campaign helped to improve the company’s reputation and demonstrate its commitment to the environment and its customers.
5. Macquarie Bank: In 2017, Macquarie Bank undertook an effective public relations campaign to introduce a new product and increase customer engagement. The campaign included a series of television and radio advertisements, media relations, and a series of print and online advertisements. The campaign helped to increase customer trust and loyalty in the company, and it also helped to achieve its financial objectives.
These are just a few of the many examples of successful public relations strategies by Australian organisations. Through these campaigns, organisations have been able to improve customer engagement, build trust, and increase their awareness. Public relations is a powerful tool for any organisation, and by understanding how to effectively use this tool, organisations can achieve their goals and objectives.