Woman Land and Nation is a concept developed by feminist theorists to theorise a space that is defined by the singular intersectional experience of women and gender non-conforming individuals It seeks to build an imagined space where women of all races and classes can embrace their womanhood without the intersectional oppressions that exist in the world. It is a concept that looks to counter traditional ideas of nationhood and provide an alternative way of understanding and negotiating collective identity.
1. Sisterhood Economics: A model of economic exchange that centres around women’s economic empowerment and well-being. Through a collective and equitable system of trade and commerce, women can work together to create a new economic system that empowers them financially and encourages positive economic growth.
2. Redistribution of Wealth: An economic scheme that seeks to address existing wealth disparities by redistributing money and resources to those who are most in need. This could include transfer payments, taxation, reallocation of public funds, and more.
3. Universal Health Care: In a Woman Land and Nation, healthcare is universal, providing access to health services to all. This could include preventative and curative care, mental health services, reproductive healthcare, etc.
4. Safe Spaces & Services for Women: The concept of a safe space for women and gender non-conforming individuals should be given priority in the Woman Land and Nation. This could include shelters for survivors of violence, support services, counselling, etc.
5. Women’s Education: Education and knowledge should be readily accessible to all women in the Woman Land and Nation. This could include initiatives for girls’ education, skills and vocational training, cultural education, etc.