A Christmas Carol is a classic novella written by the famous poet, playwright and novelist, Charles Dickens It was first published on December 19th, 1843 making it one of his most known works even to this day.
The story follows the main character Ebenezer Scrooge, a mean and penny-pinching moneylender whose life takes a dramatic turn as he is visited by three ghosts on Christmas Eve. Through their visits, Scrooge is given a chance to change his ways and gain a new appreciation for life, friends, and family.
The following are five examples of essay topics related to A Christmas Carol:
1. How did the visits from the three spirits help Ebenezer Scrooge to develop and change his way of thinking?
2. Explore the transformation of Jacob Marley's character from a deceased miser to a spirit of redemption.
3. Analyze the character of Tiny Tim and his importance to the story's overall theme of redemption.
4. Discuss the social issues Dickens was addressing through A Christmas Carol, such as poverty and inequality.
5. Examine how the themes of compassion and kindness are woven throughout the story.