What is a Case Study?
A case study is a research methodology that examines an individual, group or phenomenon to gain insight into a larger group or broader phenomenon It is a type of qualitative research that looks at real life situations and investigations to explore a larger group or general pattern. Case studies typically focus on a single individual or group and analyze their experiences, interactions or behaviors to obtain a better understanding of the situation. Case studies often involve interviews, surveys, field observations, questionnaires and other data collection methods.
The goal of a case study is to explore an event, phenomenon, social situation or phenomenon in an in-depth way. This type of research is often used in the fields of psychology, sociology, political science and anthropology, though it can also be used in other fields. Case studies are an excellent way to gain a deeper understanding of a particular topic, as the researcher is able to gain insight through data collection and analysis.
Example of Interesting Case Study Essay Topics
1. The Rise of Social Media: A Case Study of Instagram.
2. The Impact of Racism on Education: A Case Study of African American Students.
3. Mental Health in the Digital Age: A Case Study of Social Media Use.
4. The Effects of Gender Discrimination in the Workplace: A Case Study of Women in the Tech Industry.
5. The Impact of Bullying on Academic Performance: A Case Study of High School Students.