A critical report is a type of essay where the writer objectively analyzes and evaluates a given text or topic The purpose of such an essay is to critically examine a work of literature or a subject in order to provide an informed and well-reasoned opinion or evaluation. It is important for the writer to have an in-depth knowledge of the subject matter before writing a critical report.
A critical report typically contains a summary, analysis and evaluation of the text or topic in question. The summary should provide an overview of the text or topic which includes the main points and ideas explored, while the analysis should provide an in-depth exploration of the topic, examining the strengths and weaknesses of the argument or assertions. Finally, the evaluation portion of the essay should draw upon the summary and analysis to provide a reasoned opinion or judgement on the text or topic.
Five of the best examples of interesting critical report essay topics could include:
1. An analysis of the effectiveness of online-based education in comparison to traditional classroom learning.
2. An evaluation of the economic impact of renewable energy sources over fossil fuels.
3. A comparison between the pros and cons of nationalized and privatized healthcare systems.
4. An exploration of the current debates around the use of artificial intelligence in modern life.
5. An assessment of the effectiveness of current regulations on the consumer tech industry.