Fantasy literature is a genre of literature that typically includes elements of magic, mythology, and other supernatural elements It often transports readers to a fantastical world and involves an adventure of some kind. It is often associated with the genres of science fiction and horror and is often seen as escapism.
Thesis topic ideas for this genre of literature include:
1. Exploring the Impact of Gender Roles in Fantasy Literature: This topic looks at how gender roles are depicted and represented in fantasy literature, both historically and within contemporary literature. It could consider the different approaches taken by authors and their impact on readers.
2. Examining the Embodiment of Nature in Fantasy Literature: This topic could look at how nature is portrayed in fantasy literature and how it reflects the culture and values of the societies and cultures in which it was written. It could consider how nature has been used to convey moral messages and reflect on the deeper meaning of the stories.
3. Analyzing the Role of Technology in Fantasy Literature: This topic examines how technology is represented in fantasy literature and how it influences readers’ understanding of the stories. It could consider how technology has been used to create new worlds, how it impacts the plot, and how it has evolved over time.
4. Investigating the Role of Religion in Fantasy Literature: This topic investigates the role of religious themes and symbols in fantasy literature and how they are used to convey a moral message. It could look at how they are used to create a sense of spirituality, morality, and justice within the stories.
5. Examining Themes of Good and Evil in Fantasy Literature: This topic looks at how the concepts of good and evil are portrayed in fantasy literature and examines how they are used to drive the plot. It could consider how it affects the characters’ understanding of right and wrong and explores how these themes shape the story.