A Heroes comparison thesis is a type of analytical essay that analyzes and evaluates two or more characters from a given story, and compares and contrasts their physical and psychological traits The idea behind the essay is to identify the similarities and differences between the characters, and to examine how their differences affect the story. A Heroes comparison thesis is often required by college instructors who want to assess the student's understanding of a particular story.
Examples of Heroes Comparison Thesis Topics
1. A Comparison of Hamlet and Oedipus: This essay topic would compare and contrast the characters of Hamlet and Oedipus from Shakespeare’s play Hamlet and Sophocles’ play Oedipus the King. It would look specifically at how these characters relate to each other, how they struggle with the central themes of their respective plays, and how their actions and decisions contribute to their eventual fates.
2. A Comparison of Two Major Figures in a Greek Mythology Epic: In this essay, the student would explore the characters of a major character from the Greek mythology epic such as Odysseus or Hercules. The focus would be on comparing the characters’ strengths and weaknesses, their motivations, and the impact of their decisions on the story.
3. A Comparison of Character Traits in Disney Animated Movies: This essay topic would compare and contrast the characters of two Disney animated movies. It could explore such topics as the main characters’ physical and psychological traits, the way their story arcs progress, and how their relationships with other characters in the movie change as the movie progresses.
4. A Comparison of Two Comic Book Heroes: This essay topic would compare and contrast two comic book heroes, such as Spiderman and Superman. It would examine the characters’ physical and psychological traits, their motivations and sense of justice, and the way they respond to different challenges.
5. A Comparison of Two Video Game Heroes: This essay topic would explore the characters of two video game heroes, such as Marcus Fenix from Gears of War or Master Chief from Halo. It would look at physical and psychological traits of the characters, as well as how they interact with other characters in the game and how their decisions affect the outcome of the game.