Judaism is an ancient religion that has been around for thousands of years, and has been studied for even longer In recent years, many universities have offered courses in Jewish studies in order to give students the opportunity to learn about and understand Judaism from an academic perspective. A Judaism studies thesis is the culmination of a student’s research, and typically involves researching and writing a long essay on a preexisting or newly discovered topic related to Judaism and Jewish studies.
Here are five great Judaism studies thesis topics:
1. The Influence of the Torah in Jewish Culture: This topic takes a look at the role of the Torah, the Jewish holy book, on Jewish culture, including the laws, values, and traditions stemming from its content.
2. The Relationship between the Jewish Diaspora and the State of Israel: This essay looks at the relationship between the Jewish people who were scattered across the world during the diaspora, and modern Israel.
3. History and Current Events of Jews in America: This thesis looks at the history and current events of Jews in America, from the early Middle Ages to the present.
4. A Comparison of Ancient and Modern Jewish Views on Gender: This essay takes a look at the evolution of Jewish views on gender roles, from ancient times to the present.
5. Jewish Humor: This paper examines Jewish humor as a cultural phenomenon, and its role in society.