Literary elements thesis is a thesis that focuses on elements of literature It is a type of essay that looks at a piece of literature and analyses it through the lens of specific themes or ideas. Literary elements thesis can be used to compare and contrast different literature, analyze specific elements, or explore how style and structure affect the meaning of a work.
The five best examples of literary elements thesis topics are:
1. The Power of Symbolism in “The Great Gatsby”: An Analysis of the Central Symbols in F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Novel. In this literary elements thesis, the student would analyze how symbols such as the green light and eyes of Dr. T.J. Eckleburg function to suggest ideas and comment on themes in “The Great Gatsby.”
2. Exploring the Power of Foreshadowing in Shakespeare’s Macbeth. In this literary elements thesis, the student would explore how the use of foreshadowing in Macbeth gives readers hints and clues as to what will happen later in the play.
3. Unpacking the Literary Devices in “The Catcher in the Rye”. In this literary elements thesis the student would analyze how J.D Salinger effectively uses literary devices, such as metaphors and similes, to create a realistic, believable world for Holden Caulfield.
4. Analyzing the Use of Literary Allusions in “To Kill a Mockingbird”. In this literary elements thesis, the student would explore how Harper Lee masterfully weaves biblical, classical, and literary allusions into ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’, in order to add depth to the story.
5. Exploring Relationships between Character and Setting in “The Great Gatsby”. In this literary elements thesis, the student would examine how Fitzgerald’s use of setting - the East and West Egg - helps to shape the characters’ relationships and narrate their stories.