Social security is a government program that provides assistance to individuals from the moment they are born until the day they die It exists to provide financial security for those who are unable to work due to retirement, disability, or death. It is funded primarily by payroll taxes deducted from employees’ wages and employers’ contributions.
1. How does Social Security impact the U.S. economy?
2. What are the pros and cons of the various Social Security reforms proposed by politicians?
3. What trends in Social Security spending can be seen in recent years?
4. How can state and local governments help protect citizens’ Social Security benefits?
5. What can be done to ensure fairness in the Social Security system?