The Theory of Literature Report Interesting Essay Topics involves the exploration of ideas and concepts that are related to literature and its various aspects In this type of essay, students will be able to properly explain their beliefs and opinions about a certain literary work or literary genre. It is a great way for students to express their ideas about a certain topic, be it an author, a book, or a specific style of writing. Moreover, it also allows them to showcase their critical and analytical skills in order to properly assess and interpret a certain work.
Now, here are five of the best examples of topics for this type of essay:
1. The Impact of a Specific Work on the Field of Literary Studies: This essay topic allows the student to explore the effects of a certain work on the field of literary studies. It can be either a classic novel or even a more contemporary piece of writing. The student should analyze the critical reception of the work and how it has influenced the way literary studies are done.
2. A Comparison of Two Different Literary Genres: This topic enables students to discuss the similarities and differences between two different literary genres. The essay should explore the background, history, and defining elements of each literary genre and how they differ from each other.
3. The Influence of a Particular Author on Subsequent Writers: This type of essay allows the student to explore how a certain author’s writing has had an impact on other authors that have come after him/her. The student should examine the works of the initial author and how his/her style and writing have been incorporated into the works of other authors.
4. An Analysis of a Novel’s Literary Structure: Here, the student will be able to discuss the various components of a certain novel and how it has been composed and structured to convey the author’s message. The essay can also explore the use of symbols and metaphors in the novel and how they contribute to its overall effect.
5. The Role of Literary Criticism in Contemporary Society: This essay will allow the student to explore the role literary criticism plays in our contemporary society. It can discuss the changing reception of literary works, the emergence of new genres, and the new critical approaches that have emerged in recent years.