Comparative religion is an academic field of study, as well as a field of practice, that analyzes and draws comparison between multiple religious traditions It studies the many similarities and disparities between different religions, and strives to uncover underlying universalities and patterns of thought that exist between them. Through this process, comparative religion can provide a greater understanding of how religion has a significant impact on society, culture, and politics.
1. A comparison of the different forms of religious belief and practices between Judaism and Christianity.
2. An exploration of the historical development of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Sikhism.
3. An examination of the modern day effect of Islamic law on civil society today.
4. An exploration of the role of Shamanism in traditional tribal cultures.
5. A comparison of the different interpretations of the afterlife in Taoism, Confucianism, and Shintoism.