A horror film thesis is a research paper that specifically looks at horror films and their usage of cinematography, sound, and other aspects to create an effective atmosphere of fear, dread, and suspense Horror films often rely on horror tropes, such as the use of jump scares, dark imagery, and macabre plotlines to create a sense of terror in their audience.
When writing a horror film thesis, it is important to have a specific purpose and to research the elements that make a horror film successful. The following are five excellent thesis topics to use in a horror film research paper:
1. The Development of Horror Tropes. Analyze how horror tropes have changed over the decades, and how the use of these tropes has impacted the effectiveness of horror films.
2. Gender Roles and Horror Films. Discuss the way that gender roles are represented in horror films, and how this has evolved over time.
3. Sound Design in Horror Films. Explore how sound design and music have been used to create suspense, fear, and tension in horror films.
4. Cinematography in Horror Films. Analyze the use of cinematography techniques in horror films, such as low key lighting, tracking shots, and camera angles, and how they are used to create a sense of suspense and dread.
5. Special Effects and Gore in Horror Films. Evaluate the use of special effects and gore in horror films, and how its use has impacted the effectiveness of the genre.
Whether you choose one of the five topics above or come up with a unique idea, it is important to remember the purpose of your thesis. Research is necessary to make sure that your paper has a strong argument and is backed up by evidence. Furthermore, make sure that your paper is well-structured and organized in order to create a clear and compelling argument.