A justice essay is an essay that focuses on a particular theme of justice It seeks to unpack topics related to the concept of justice, from injustice, law and morality to social inequality, poverty and human rights. In a justice essay, an author may also try to examine how justice is perceived and understood, how it affects different people, and what implications it has for society as a whole.
Below are five of the best justice essay topics:
1. The Death Penalty: This essay topic looks at the moral, legal and ethical implications of the death penalty, which is still practised in a number of states. It could explore arguments for and against capital punishment, as well as how justice systems have evolved to consider the death penalty.
2. Human Rights: An essay focusing on human rights could explore the concept of what constitutes an “inalienable right” and its legitimacy in various societies. It could also discuss current global issues related to human rights, such as refugees and asylum seekers, and their rights.
3. Social Inequality: This essay topic could examine the many forms of social inequality, such as racial, gender, class and sexual discrimination. It could discuss the effects these inequalities have on society and the way some citizens are treated.
4. The Role of Law in Justice: This essay could explore the various approaches to justice used by the legal system and how they impact individuals, as well as how laws may be inadequate in providing justice in certain cases.
5. Poverty and Injustice: This essay topic looks at how poverty can be linked to injustice. It could discuss people’s experiences of poverty as well as the effects of poverty on justice and access to the legal system.