of World Literature thesis essay topics
World literature is a term largely used to represent a broad and diverse group of literary works composed by authors writing within the world and beyond the boundaries of any one nation It is the study of works of literature that are considered to have been composed beyond the confines of any one language or culture and written in their original language.
As far back as the early 16th century, the work of scholars such as Johann Winer set the groundwork for world literature, which then included works from a number of European nations. World literature continues to be a major part of literary studies in universities and colleges around the world.
For those interested in writing world literature thesis essays, here are 5 of the best essay topics to consider:
1. Comparative Analysis of Two Works of World Literature - A comparison of two works of world literature to explore their different approaches to a common theme.
2. The Relationship between Social Structures and Literary Genres - An examination of the relationship between social structures, such as class and gender roles, and the emergence of different literary genres.
3. The Role of Language in World Literature - An examination of the role of language as it relates to world literature, and how language can be used as a tool for understanding and conveying meaning from one culture to another.
4. Universal Themes in World Literature - A comparison of universal themes across different works of world literature, such as justice, love, and relationships.
5. The Impact of Geography on World Literature - An exploration of the influence of geography on works of world literature, especially when it comes to setting and plot devices.