English literature thesis is an academic paper that presents an original argument and/or research on a particular theme in the works of English literature It demonstrates the student's in-depth knowledge and understanding of a specific literary text and its relationship to context, culture and society. In essence, a thesis is the student's attempt at examining or interrogating a subject in a scholarly way.
Below are the five best examples of English literature thesis topics:
1. The Role of Gender in Contemporary Postcolonial Fiction: An examination of the ways in which authors of postcolonial fiction challenge and/or reinforce ideas about gender roles in society.
2. The Representation of Mental Illness in Victorian Novels: A study of Victorian novels and their depiction of mental illness in different ways.
3. The Impact of Race on Literary Styles: An exploration of how authors of color manipulate a variety of writing techniques to explore the role that race has played in the construction of their works.
4. The Representation of Nature in Romantic Poetry: An analysis of the ways in which Romantic poets depict nature, and the purpose that it served in their writings.
5. The Influence of Stanza Form on the Narrative Structure of Elizabethan Sonnets: A study of the various sonnet forms employed by Elizabethan poets, and how they shape the narrative arc of individual poems.